This Crab Sushi Bowl is PERF for Summer! Especially if you are not in the mood for raw fish!!
Okay so I’ve officially announced to the world that I’m pregnant! And while what an exciting thing- the food side of things, ain’t so jazz hands and champagne. I won’t let that won’t stop me, but if you notice something is up with my food choices. You have officially been warned.
This Crab Sushi Bowl was born because simply, I was missing sushi. And this was exactly what I needed. The Base of the Crab Sushi Bowl is sushi rice mixed with pickling liquid. On top, there is homemade quick-pickled cucumbers, edamame, avocado, spicy crab mix, mayo, sriracha, green onion, and sesame seeds!
Nicely fresh and cool for summer!!
Like this Recipe?! You will LOVE:
Make this Recipe?! Post it to Insta and Tag @theseasonaljunkie. I LOVE to see your creations!
Crab Sushi Bowl
No Summer time sadness here with this perfect Crab Sushi Bowl! Great for lunch and especially if you are having a sushi craving!
- Pickled Cucumbers (you will make extra pickling liquid that you will use in sushi rice)
- 1 Cucumber, sliced very thin on a mandolin
- 1 Shallot, sliced very thin on a mandolin
- 3/4 cup Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Sugar/Honey/Agave
- 1/4 cup Water
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Ginger Minced
- Optional: A pinch of Chili Flakes
- Sushi Rice:
- Cook 1-2 cups of Sushi Rice per the instructions on the bag.
- 1/3 cup Pickling Liquid
- Cooked and Seasoned Sushi Rice
- Flake Style Imitation Crab 1/4-1/3 cup Mayo
- 3 tbsp Sriracha
- Avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup, Green Onion Chopped
- 1 1/2 cup Shelled Edamame
- Pickled Cucumber
- Green Onion
- Optional: Sesame Seeds, Soy Sauce, Sriracha and Mayo Drizzle
Mix cucumber and shallot with salt. Pack sliced cucumber and shallot into jar.
In a pot, add rice wine vinegar, sweetener, water, ginger, and chili if using. Bring to a boil. Turn off and pour liquid over cucumber and shallot. Be sure to reserve 1/4 to 1/3 of a cup to season your sushi rice. Put in fridge to cool!
Rinse sushi rice using a strainer. Cook desired amount per the instructions on the bag. Once you are done cooking mix pickling liquid into the rice.
Using a food processor add flake crab and pulse until it is chopped up. Add mayo and sriracha and mix. Set aside.
To assemble bowls, add seasoned rice as your base and top with crab mix, pickled cucumbers, diced avocado, shelled edamame, chopped green onion and optional sesame seeds, sriracha, mayo, and soy sauce.