“Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions are my own.”
Chicken Sausage Hawaiian Bowl with Homemade Teriyaki because we could all use a little Hawaii right now. AMIRIGHT?!
Once I bit into this Chicken Sausage Hawaiian Bowl I was brought back to one of my favorite of all time vacations. That’s right good ole Hawaii. And while I’m so ready to hop on a plane to another destination, I am super grateful for the memories of the vacations I do have! But man, Hawaii- The Island that I would move to in a heartbeat. So relaxing, so magical, and so tropical. Just like these Chicken Sausage Hawaiian Bowl babies! No big deal- but basically one bite, and you are transported to a luau, especially with the homemade teriyaki sauce.
Reasons why this Chicken Sausage Hawaiian Bowl is life.
- It is done in a snap! No sooner than you starting to chop up your vegetables, you are pretty much all the way done
- Good bye store bought Teriyaki sauces! Have you ever read the label on a store bought teriyaki sauce bottle, or are you normal?! Let me spare you, YUCK! So many stabilizers. This Chicken Sausage Hawaiian bowl is sealed with a little teriyaki bow with this homemade teriyaki. And so much better for you than the junk the store bought kind contains
- You only have to use 1/2 of a pineapple for this recipe. This is a good thing because the other half of the pineapple is the perfect sweet treat after a delicious meal. You are welcome for the forethought.
My favorite kitchen gear for this recipe?!
My rice cooker gives me life. I seriously ALWAYS use it! Click the photo above to see the one I recommend from AMAZON.
Here is a video showing just how easy this Chicken Sausage Hawaiian Bowl with Homemade Teriyaki is!
If you like this recipe, you will LOVE:
Chicken Sausage Hawaiian Bowl with Homemade Teriyaki
Say Hey! To the sweet flavors of Hawaii with this Chicken Sausage Hawaiian Bowl with Homemade Teriyaki. Such an easy meal, whip it up now!
- Teriyaki Sauce
- 1/4 cup Tamari
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 tbsp Corn Starch
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Ginger
- 4 Chicken Sausages, cooked and sliced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, diced
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, diced
- 1/2 Red Onion, diced
- 1/2 Pineapple, diced
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 cup Uncooked Rice
- Toppings: Chopped Green Onion and Sesame Seeds
Cook rice according to directions or use a rice cooker 1 cup rice to 2 cups water and cook! Leave on keep warm when done
Add all teriyaki sauce ingredients to small bowl and whisk together, set aside
Heat large saute pan with oil, add onions and peppers and cook until softened and fragrant add sausage and cook until it starts to brown. Once it has started to brown add in pineapple and teriyaki sauce and bring to a simmer
Continue cooking, sauce will cook down and become shiny. When it starts to thicken and become shiny you are done!
Serve with cooked rice
2.6g Saturated fat